What is good in transit insurance?
Designed to cover the exposure of Commercial Transporters to accidental loss of or damage to customers Goods whilst being transported on their behalf.
Cover is for road vehicles belonging to, hired or used by the Insured Transporter or their Sub Contractors
Carrying Vehicle options.
• Specified Vehicle basis
• Fleet Basis
• Contingency basis for Transport brokers and / or Sub-Contractors.
• Ground up cover for Sub-Contractors when added to Insured Transporter’s policy.
• All Risks
• All Risks including Deterioration following breakdown or malfunction of refrigeration equipment.
• As above but extended further to include Incorrect Temperature setting
• Restricted or Specified Perils cover.
• First Loss Cover – No Average applies.
• Shipping Containers of any type included as part of Load cover without inner or sub limits.
• Driver Fidelity included for Theft / Hijack of entire load Carrying of Hi-Cube Containers will not invalidate cover
• Minor overloading tolerance included
• R15 000 Cover for Tarpaulins
• R25 000 cover for Debris Removal / Spillage Clean-up Costs
• R25 000 Cover for Prevention of Loss Costs (even when there is no loss / damage to Load)
• R25 000 Cover for Loss mitigation costs such as security at accident site, re-loading and / or alternative transport cost etc.
• Loading and Unloading losses included where Insured is actively involved.
• Collision of Load included on Restricted covers.
• 72 hour intermediate storage.
Source: Innovation Maven